here's the cabinet makeover!
one of the doors had major breakage going on, nothin' a little gorilla glue, and some a-clamps can't fix! :)
and, in my usual form, when i picked it back up, i got so into getting it finished, i forgot to take step-by-step shots! oops! oh well, i'll walk you through it:
- before i painted it green, i sprayed all the edges and corners and both doors entirely blue
- then it took several coats of green to get an even color
- after it dried i grabbed a coarse sheet of sandpaper, and my sander, and went to work. i sanded all the edges, and corners down to the wood
- i sanded the top, and the sides, not down to the wood, but just enough to give them a worn old look.
- i sanded the doors. the shutter-type doors were a major pain-in-the-you-know-what to sand, but sooo worth it! the look that came through when i finished is pure perfection! i am crazy about how the blue peeks through just enough to look amazing, but not so much as to look planned or cheap!
hobby lobby, and viola!
(yes, the lockers are still sitting in our garage untouched...i'll get to them, eventually!)